Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Week 2: Circuits and switches and labs, oh my.

I'm glad to report that everything went well for the most part.



Soldering was a breeze, although I should probably pick up a roll or two of black and red wire, so that I won't have to clip anymore of breadboard wires.


Here we have a a regulator hooked up to a 9-volt battery, with a resulting output of just about 5v.


Two diodes in series with a resistor and a button switch. 


Lastly, My switch: I made a board with alternating strips of aluminum tape. There are two sets of strips, where every other strip belongs to a set. The first set closes the circuit to one diode, and the second closes the circuit to the other. When the stylus makes contact with either strip, it closes to circuit to its respective diode, and when it is run across the alternating strips, the diodes alternate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment